Dota 2 is the 2013 sequel to Defense of the Ancients, which in its turn was a fan-made mod for WarCraft III. This game allows two teams of five players each to fight against each other in a fantasy setting. Both teams start at the opposing corners of a square field at their “Ancients.” Reaching and destroying this base structure means defeating the opponent.
Those are the basics, but there are many more things going on during the battle. The map’s specific layout and combination of heroes players can choose (over 100 characters with their own unique abilities and skill sets) make for both exciting gameplay and Dota 2 bet predictions.
At a glance:
TOP-3 Sites to Bet on Dota 2
How to Choose the Best Dota 2 Esports Betting Site
The game quickly became a world sensation. There are millions of dollars professional players compete for in tournaments, and much more money is being wagered on those games’ outcomes. Read on if you wish to be the one who takes some tasty slices of that home. We cannot just tell you what the best betting site for Dota 2 is though, that differs for everyone. Instead, we’ll give you a list of strong contenders for the title and guide you towards choosing your champion.
The higher the odds, the more lucrative your right guess is, it’s simple math. And if all it takes is simply making a few clicks and typing a few symbols to change a site, you definitely want to do that. It’s best to compare the odds for each match, but sites like GGBet, LootBet, and Unikrn are known to consistently offer more than others.
Tournaments & Leagues
There are major tournaments, like ELEAGUE, ESL Pro, Blast Pro, DreamHack, and pretty much all CSGO betting websites will be offering wagers and even live streaming for those. If you plan on betting often and frequently, however, you need sites that cover as many leagues as possible. Loot.bet and Cyber.bet are both newer sites, but they have good coverage and even hold their own tournaments. Other places you can go to for extensive lists of supported leagues are EGB and BUFF.bet.
Live Betting Service
If you feel confident about your abilities to predict the outcome based on how the match began and goes on, you will probably appreciate the chance to use that knowledge and place bets as the battle is happening in real-time. Most Dota betting sites are offering such a service, but for the best streaming and in-play betting experience, head to Unikrn, LuckBox, or ArcaneBet.
Dota 2 Free Bets and Betting Bonuses
JLike with regular online casinos, you can expect companies to use promising bonuses for newcomers. Some, like GGBet or Betfair, offer free bets so that you can get hooked before risking any real money. The most frequent offer is a match bonus on your first or several deposits. You can get about 100 USD this way on most sites, but Unikrn’s offer of 300 USD is hard to resist. This site also offers regular jackpots with all kinds of rewards like skins, events passes, computer hardware, and so on.
Depth of market
What can you place a wager on? Well, obviously, the winner of the match or the tournament. The best bookmakers will offer a long list of smaller outcomes for Dota 2 betting, like the first team to make a kill (or a certain number of kills), the number of maps played (odd or even), the map duration, and so on. These are all chances to win some money (with some great odds, too) if you are familiar with the teams’ way of playing the game. Loot.bet, GGBet, and BuffBet offer the most options for certain matches.
Dota 2 is a free game that can be played without spending a penny. There are, however, items called skins that change the way certain elements of the game look or sound like. These can be purchased or received in several ways. Some items can be rare and cost thousands of dollars. Others are less significant and can be used as a form of currency. Loot.bet and BuffBet are both Dota 2 item betting sites that accept skins as deposits.
Payment systems and customer support
As a rule, you’ll be offered an array of banking options and you will have to check whether your preferred method is available. Cryptocurrency is in demand nowadays but is often missing from the list. Unikrn supports the most cryptocoins to date.
You also want customer support to be available via live chat, email, or by phone should you run into trouble. And while most sites on our list offer it all day and night, Unikrn and Arcanebet don’t, so you’ll have to either wait or try to solve the issue using their help centers.
Geo and Reputation
Unfortunately, you may discover that your perfect bookmaker does not accept your Dota 2 bet due to country restrictions. So, it may be best to start with 22bet or Unibet, the gambling sites that have been in operation for the longest time and made sure they offer access to the widest number of visitors. Their long history is also a sign of being a reliable company. However, that’s not something you have to worry about with our suggestions as all these esports sites hold appropriate gambling licenses.
Dota 2 Betting Tips & Tricks
Excelling at Dota 2 gambling takes different time for everyone, and some never do. In addition to those great sites we’re suggesting, we’ll also arm you with a few pieces of advice.
Prepare to Lose
Well, that sounds reassuring. But that’s something you have to keep in mind. Most likely, you won’t always win. Just don’t let those early failures disarm you.
Play it Safe
That’s another thing, don’t get too sure too early. Don’t bet all your money, no matter how confident you are. Sure, you will regret not betting more if you win. But you would regret more if you lost.
Play the Game
It sounds like an obvious thing, yet the game has been tweaked over the years to balance things out, so make sure your knowledge of it is still relevant.
Don’t Ignore the Favorites
Sure, the underdogs have more promising Dota 2 odds, but there’s a reason for that. You should not mind betting on the favorites if it’s a sure win. You won’t make a lot of money, but you’ll make some money.
Follow Your Champions
Always track the current state your team or players are in. Anything can affect their game, from personal difficulties to injuries, and you should be aware of it.
Dota 2 eSports Betting Sites
- A 300% match bonus up to $300
- Umode for betting on yourself
- Multiple cryptocurrencies
Unikrn is all about esports, and it even lets you place Dota bets on yourself in the site’s Umode. Another popular mode is called Unikrn Connekt, and with it, customers can link their accounts and play the game, earning points and rewards. Not to mention the leagues and markets galore, live betting accessible via an app, and all the makings of a perfect esports gambling platform.
- A grand 300% deposit bonus up to $300
- Unique gaming modes
- Advanced live betting options
- Daily loot draws that offer skins among other prizes
- A long list of supported fiat and cryptocurrencies
- Customer service works during specific hours
- Easy-to-grasp interface
- Live streams and in-play betting
- Variety of bets
ArcaneBet’s esports selection is limited by seven titles, but major ones, including Dota 2. What’s more important is that this online casino does a great job of providing a comfortable experience with a variety of matches and special markets, also available for live betting.
- A promising welcome offer for new users
- Great coverage of leagues and markets
- The interface is easy to get the hang of
- A good choice of payment options, including Bitcoin
- A small number of gaming titles
- No 24/7 support
- Stylish design and comfortable interface
- Live betting and a variety of bets
- A welcome bonus of up to 100 USD
Loot.bet truly deserves the place among the top Dota 2 gambling sites, although it offers two dozen titles in total. With no lack of tournament leagues, there’s a constant onslaught of matches you can participate in betting on. Loot.bet also has some of the largest numbers of markets for those matches, and this all comes within the slick and functional esports gambling site.
- A newcomers incentive worth as much as 100 USD
- The widest choice of matches and betting markets
- A variety of currencies accepted, including BTC
- A well-optimized website for live betting
- Access denied to visitors from certain countries
- Well-implemented in-play betting
- Round-the-clock customer support
- Use of in-game skins for payment
GG.bet is a great choice because it was created by esports professionals, and a percentage from the winnings goes to the teams that come out victorious. So, with this site, everyone benefits. Well, those who win. With a dozen gaming titles, functional design, and the widest variety of Dota 2 markets to bet on, you are bound to have a lot of fun here.
- Dozens of special betting markets
- A good deal of payment methods available, BTC among them
- Constantly available customer support
- Your favorite teams and players also win from your bets
- No apps for either Android or iOS
- No cryptocurrencies other than Bitcoin
- Extensive list of streamed matches
- Great variety of betting markets
- A eposit bonus of 100% up to 100 USD
LuckBox is offering some of the largest varieties of Dota 2 bets in terms of leagues and markets you can access both pre-play and during the live stream of a match. This is a true esports meeting place for punters who seek an excessive number of options, which are nevertheless neatly organized for the smoothest experience.
- The first deposit matched up to $100
- A great number of Dota 2 tournaments live-streamed
- Extensive lists of betting markets
- A healthy variety of banking systems, including several cryptocurrencies
- Despite helpful FAQ and Discord community, no live support
- 28 gaming titles
- Up to 30 markets per game
- Skins deposits are available via Skinpay
Buff.bet is all things in one as its esports section is one of many gambling attractions here. However, if that’s what you’re after, you won’t be disappointed. BUFFbet still beats many other sites in terms of the overall number of gaming titles and available wagering options for each of them. Dota 2 item betting is the icing on the cake made of a decent selection of tournaments and the multitude of betting markets.
- Three welcome bonuses for you to choose from
- Up to 40 betting markets on a single match
- Skin betting is available with Skinpay
- Bitcoin and Ethereum among other means add/take out funds
- The interface feels somewhat overwhelmed
- Attractive welcome bonus or free bets
- Many betting markets for major events
- 24/7 customer support
This site is an old-school online casino that eventually decided to add esports to the catalog, and thus, we now have some Dota2 betting in addition to all the sportsbook and casino options. It’s a nice bonus, speaking of which, you can get up to 100 pounds as a welcoming bonus, provided you fulfill all the requirements, of course.
- An attractive welcome match bonus or free bets
- A decent amount of betting markets for major events
- 24/7 customer support with several means of communication
- The site is outdated visually and in terms of usability
- No cryptocurrency support
- A welcome offer incentive
- An easy-to-use mobile app
- Reliable support services
Unibet gets a mention due to it being a classic gambling site that has proven its reliability over the years. Esports-wise, it only offers four games, and the available markets and leagues will hardly impress experienced punters. However, this is a good starting place for getting into Dota betting. And once you get comfortable with it, you can move on to sites that have more bets to offer.
- Welcome risk-free betting money
- A reliable gambling site tested by time
- Never-failing customer support
- Different types of payment methods
- Cryptobetting is not an option
- Not a lot of leagues and markets are presented
- Up to 100 EUR in bonus money for new users
- 24-hour support via live chat and phone
- Decent betting odds
Although BetFair was among the first online casinos to add esports to their sportsbook, the site has kept the number of games it accepts wagers on small. And while those six games that have Dota 2 among them won’t offer you the fullest betting experience on the net, you can expect major leagues to be covered. At least four different markets for a match is already not a bad selection for new punters.
- Up to 100 EUR in bonus money for new users
- 24-hour support via live chat or by phone
- Decent betting odds
- Various payment methods, including PayPal
- Live streaming is not an option
- Cryptocurrencies are not supported
- A 122% welcome bonus matched up to $100
- All the major CSGO leagues are covered
- A plethora of payment methods
It’s easy to get the wrong impression that this is not a Dota 2 betting site. It’s not entirely it, yes, but you can discover our precious multiplayer online battle arena game among five other popular titles if you click around a bit. And despite the site not having the most intuitive interface, it does offer a good deal of leagues with live betting, although the available markets will rarely impress you with their number.
- Up to 100 bonus USD by matching a deposit at 122%
- Great leagues and events coverage
- A variety of funding options, including cryptocurrency
- The interface requires getting used to
- A small number of betting markets
How does Dota 2 gambling work?
In its simplest form, you are asked to guess the winner of a match, one of two teams. The one that is expected to win is a more sure bet but will bring you less money. The other team has more lucrative Dota 2 odds, but it’s also a higher risk.
What are the best legal Dota 2 item betting sites?
Skin betting is something that is best to be avoided if you are not sure about the site. The safest options are BuffBet and Loot.bet, and at Unikrn, you can win skins in several ways.
How to make Dota 2 bet predictions?
Track the teams’ tournament records, learn their strategies and their effectiveness against one another, follow professional players who provide comprehensive analytics of the previous games.
So, now you should be properly armed to enter the world of Dota 2 betting. The first thing you should do is check which sites you can access. The leaders are represented by Unikrn, Loot.bet, and LuckBox. Those sites have the widest selection of games, leagues, payment methods, they’ve got the best depth of markets with dozens of things to bet on, including during live streaming. See if those suit you and sign up to several sites to never miss the best odds on a match and enjoy various promotions. And should those esports venues be unavailable to you, check other candidates on the list.